Sunday, March 22, 2009

Don't be an idiot!

I am pretty sure that when I was in eighth grade me and my buddy Matt were the dumbest band geeks on the entire earth. One day Matt and I were goofing off in the band hall after school and we got this brilliant idea to see if one of us could fit inside a tuba case. So of course I climbed in. Once I was inside the tuba case Matt got this bone-headed idea to latch the hinges just to make sure the case fully closed. After a couple of seconds of being inside the tuba case, I decided that I was fully satisfied with the experiment and tapped on the roof letting Matt know to let me out. I began to hear Matt fumbling with the latch and after awhile he exclaimed that it was jammed and he couldn't get it unstuck. Now I am starting to freak out a little bit as my claustrophobia sets in, and I begin to get really uneasy by squirming and pleading with Matt to get the case open. After awhile I am crying uncontrollably because my eighth grade rationale tells me that I am going to suffocate and die in a tuba case. I keep yelling for Matt to get it open but he wasn't even there anymore. By this time I have convinced myself that I was losing oxygen and that Matt had abandoned me. Luckily he didn't abandoned me and went to get a teacher who ended up freeing me from my casket. I am still very appreciative to this day and learned one valuable lesson from this experience...Don't be an idiot!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA!!!!! your blogs make me laugh out loud! i love them!! haha! im very glad that you made it out of the case! i would be sad if we were not friends! PS: dinner tonight=AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete