Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Injury Plagued

Over my 21 years in life I have suffered many injuries. I love to play sports and this consistent theme in my life is proving to be a tiresome reality. Ever since junior high my injuries have kept me off the field, lowering my hearts desire to remain an active athlete. As of today I am a senior on the Texas State Ultimate Frisbee Team. This is our best season in school history, and our team has been named the favorites to represent the state of Texas at the National competition. Yesterday though, the inevitable happened. I was running through a routine drill and out of nowhere my hamstring just simply snapped. Right now I do not know the severity of the injury but history tells me that this is not good. With only a few months left til the big games, I may end up watching from the sidelines once again. It seems as though I can count this as another devastating loss in my sporting career. But now lets focus on the positive. I guess if there is one good thing that come out of these plagues, let it be this. Adversity does not hold supremacy over a person; adversity merely introduces a person to who they truly are.

No comments:

Post a Comment