I decided for the next couple of blogs I am going to tell short stories about my life. I feel like this will be more entertaining for me and the reader.
One time when I was about 12 years old I was supposedly struck by lightning. I was at my house in Lorena, Texas with my dad and two dogs. My dad was on the couch reading the newspaper and I was playing on the computer when a huge thunderstorm hit. Now me and my dad just the week before had built our dogs a new doghouse to stay in; however, the dogs were not familiar with the house yet and were not aware that in the event of a storm that would be the best place to seek shelter. So for about thirty minutes my dogs were in a panic trying to find a good place to keep dry, but unfortunately they ended up soaking wet and shivering in a corner of the porch. Once the storm had seemingly past I took it upon myself to show the dogs how to use their new house. The doghouse was about 35 feet away from the house in the backyard underneath a fully grown oak tree. Once I was about 10 feet from the doghouse, beneath the tree, all I remember was seeing a flash of white light. Next thing I know I am on my couch and my dad is trying to wake me up. My clothes smelt burnt and it took me awhile to regain my full conscience.
It is still hard for me to comprehend what happened that day and I am just thankful that I am alive today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha! only you mykey!! but you know lightening never strikes in the same place twice... so the next time theres a storm thats probably the safest place!!!! haha! but i wouldnt take my word for it... and im glad youre alive too!
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely not a life experience i have on my to do list. amazing none the least
ReplyDeletewow, amazing
ReplyDelete